<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.hungrynomad.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Nomad: Surrey's Uptown (New Orleans, USA)

January 1, 2012

Surrey's Uptown (New Orleans, USA)


Happy 2012 to all my readers. I have been away for the past week down in New Orleans eating some good food, drinking mint julips and sazerac and listening to some amazing brass bands. The next few posts will therefore be dedicated to the New Orleans dining scene I discovered on my most recent trip.

First stop, Surrey's Uptown! On a lovely spring-like day in December the Count and I decided to walk along Magazine street to discover the long stretch of shops, restaurants and art galleries. Along the way we discovered Surrey's Uptown. Not having heard about it before we were curious to try it for ourselves since the line up seemed long and everyone seemed eager to eat.

The next day along with our friends we visited Surrey's Uptown for breakfast and I was not only impressed but wanted to go back every day for the rest of the trip (sadly my request was denied by the Count).

They make their own fresh juices which you can blend to make your own creation. I had the carrot, orange and apple juice which was lovely. We all ordered different dishes and tried a bit of each. Mine was the Miga- scrambled eggs mixed in with all sorts of delicious goodies including crispy tortilla chips. The Count had the huevos rancheros deluxe which included smoked salmon. He absolutely loved it! I on the other hand didn't like the mixture of the black beans and the smoked salmon. Smoked salmon to me is best served with cream cheese, capers and onions. However, to each their own I guess. The best part of the meal had to be the stuffed banana french toast which was truly like to no other I've ever tasted. The mixture of flavors and the rich sauce was to die for.

They have a really large selection and I definitely will have to go back to try out the rest. If you ever happen to be in New Orleans definitely check this place out for breakfast/brunch- if one is busy (which I guarantee you it will be) there are always two locations: one Uptown and the other in the Garden District.

Juice
Miga breakfast goodness!
Banana-stuffed french toast
Huevos Rancheros Deluxe




Surrey's Cafe & Juice Bar on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home